Role: Informatica Developer
Location: Jacksonville Florida (Remote)
Duration: 7 Months Contract
Candidate needs to have implemented a tool such as Metadata Catalog Tool
( Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog) OR IBM (Information Governance Catalog). JOB SUMMARY
Informatica Developers are responsible for development, programming, coding of Information Technology solutions. Informatica Developers are responsible for documenting detailed system specifications, participation in unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications, evaluation and performance testing of purchased products. Informatica Developers are responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application. Informatica Developers are assigned to moderately complex development projects. An Informatica Developer will be well versed in data quality processes and data governance procedures to ensure data is fit for consumption.
- Implement processes, configuration, and setup of Informatica' s Enterprise Data Catalog (EDC)Tool, and make recommendations for improvements
- Support enterprise entities during data governance onboarding and setup of EDC
- Maintain a solid understanding of Axon and EDC capabilities and the products' roadmap to ensure effective technical design of solutions in the platform
- Proficient with setup and configuration of Informatica toolsets like Enterprise Data Catalog tool or any other data catalog/lineage toolset
- Perform data analysis to identify data catalog and lineage issues for relational and non-relational data sources.
- Write code for moderately complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Write code for enhancing existing programs or developing new programs.
- Review code developed by other IT Developers.
- Provide input to and drive programming standards.
- Provide input to the development of data quality standards rule for data quality dimensions.
- Write detailed technical specifications for subsystems. Identify integration points.
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members.
- Consult with other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts, Project Managers and vendors.
- 'Scope' time, resources, etc., required to complete programming projects. Seek review from other IT Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts or Project Managers on estimates.
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications. May need assistance from other IT Developers and team members to debug more complex errors.
- Supports transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated. May require more coordination points for subsystems.
- Researches vendor products / alternatives. Conducts vendor product gap analysis / comparison.
- Accountable for including IT Controls and following standard corporate practices to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application and data processed or output by the application.
- Proficiency using versioning and deployment tools such as GitHub and Jenkins
Thorough knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- In-depth understanding of the systems development life cycle such as Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Proficiency programming in more than one object-oriented programming language, scripting language, and SQL language
- Proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Office Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio
- Proficiency using debugging tools and job automation scheduling tools
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- Proficiency using Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Big Data Quality tools which includes the ability to:
- Design, execute, and analyze profiling results
- Mastery of Informatica data transformation including transformation to support address standardization and hierarchical file structures
- Mapplet and mapping design and execution
- Data Quality exception management process using human task workflow
- Mastery of Informatica command line execution and WSDL configuration
- Job execution monitoring, debugging, and performance enhancements
- Knowledge of Informatica application and service architecture
- Repository configuration and management functions
3-5 years of hands-on experience with Informatica Data Catalog (EDC or any other similar ) toolset (Version 10.x preferred).
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or relevant work experience.