Position: Sr ETL Informatica Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Design, Develop and Provide support in all aspects of data movement for a data warehouse environment residing on Netezza, with emphasis on the Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process using Informatica.
- Ability to administer ETL system and upgrade to new releases
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, extracting, transforming and loading as per business requirements.
- Design Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) Workflows for data migration from various sources to data warehouse using batch or incremental loading strategies.
- Document database design including data modeling, metadata and business process flow for the new business integration requirements.
- Create data model and reverse engineer data warehouse using CASE tools like ER Studio.
- Create test plans and scripts for data warehouse testing, ranging from unit to integration testing.
- Ensure delivered Data warehouse code is running and conforms to specifications and design guidelines.
- Create Informatica mappings, transformations, stored procedures and functions to implement the data process flow defined by the business rules.
- Document technical ETL specifications for data warehouse. Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
- Navigate on the host server for file management, file cleanup and configuration tasks. Maintain Informatica on UNIX and Windows environments. Write Shell scripts, PL/SQL scripts and SQL scripts
- Prior Experience in Upgrading Informatica Power Center versions.
- Excellent communication skills with knowledge of ETL field, tools and technologies, implementations and solutions, as well as specific experience with the Informatica ETL tool
- Excellent motivational skills required to ensure good team synergy and collaboration of cross functional teams. A strong facilitation and 'positive' attitude will be mandatory.
- Strong experience in Data Quality, Source Systems Analysis, Business Rules Validation, Source Target Mapping Design, Performance Tuning, and High Volume Data Loads
- Excellent ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a database SQL language for user-defined database extracts or updates statements.
- Proficient in Netezza 7.1
- Proficient on all Informatica 10.x Platform tools (Power Exchange, Power Center)
- Proficient use of CASE tools (Embarcadero ER Studio preferred)
7-10 years of prior software development experience required.