Job Description: Information Architect
Location: De Pere, WI 54115
Position Type: Contract to Hire
- Act as the subject matter expert in key data areas (e.g.. data integration, data quality, master data, metadata management). Develop and build strong relationships, using effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic information architecture objectives that are in alignment with business strategies. Communicate, educate and ensure adherence to sound data management principles.
- Work with project managers and architects to develop the approach and cost estimates required for project level information architecture deliverables. Assess and facilitate engagement of other data management services (DBA and data integration) as needed for projects. Provide high level tracking of project progress with respect to data architecture deliverables. Ensure project time and cost commitments are met.
- Create data architecture for projects (conceptual model, integration model, sourcing) in alignment with the portfolio and enterprise information architecture. Apply an enterprise vision to projects and identify requirements that impact the long-term information architecture.
- Create and maintain logical and physical data models that support business and technical requirements. Perform data profiling and analysis to ensure alignment of actual data to the model and to business requirements.
- Create and maintain the process and standards for managing logical and physical data models. Develop toolset practices and procedures to facilitate enforcement of the process. Ensure project compliance with the process.
- Analyze business processes, operational applications and source data to understand dependencies, anomalies and implicit business rules that impact data management and quality.
- Contribute to the development and evolution of the enterprise information architecture. Recommend changes and improvements for managing and communicating the architecture.
- Provide governance oversight to ensure project adherence to information architecture strategy, principles, standards, policies and procedures throughout all project phases. Partner with other architects to ensure alignment and integration across portfolio boundaries and promote an enterprise focus on data management. Review information architecture deliverables throughout development process to ensure quality & traceability to requirements and adherence to all plans & standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field; or related work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant experience providing DWBI architectural direction and support.
- Demonstrated expertise with Informatica PowerCenter, Informatica PowerExchange Change Data Capture, SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, and PowerBI.
- Logical and physical data modeling experience using the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in data architecture concepts (e.g.. model management, meta-data management, data governance).
- Experience delivering concurrent, large DWBI projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in requirements gathering and analysis processes and methodologies.
- Experience developing a DWBI strategy and working within and influencing the associated policies.
- Ability to effectively interact (written and verbal) with all levels of technology and business partners.
- Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes working knowledge of industry data standards and architectures. Experience creating and maintaining data models for the Personal Lines Property & Casualty Industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ER/Studio Data Architect and/or SAP PowerDesigner'
Primary Duties: Broken in to two parts…. Projects and Architecture
- Help clarify business expectations and profile data to identify best data source/ tools
- Develop and modify high level data flows
- Modify conceptual data models
- Review fiscal designs to see if they can meet them.
- Review ETL/ and BI solutions
- Maintain roadmaps and test patterns
- Support ETL/ BI capabilities
- Implement Data storage maps roadmaps.
Specific Tech Skills:
- Oracle and SQL- Relational database experience- wants both or 1 of the 2
- Know SQL and how it functions to relational database
- Inforamtica- This is ETL tool they are using - Power Center preferred
- Batch Extract
- Change Data Capture- CDC
- Power BI- primary BI tool
Team environment: They currently have about 100 IT folks on site in WI. Very collaborative, easy going… the culture looks for friendly people who are willing to help.