Information Assurance Systems Specialist Senior | Project Manager
Security Clearance Required: Top Secret
US Citizenship required
Location: Monterey, CA
Position Summary: The Information Assurance Systems Specialist Senior / PM will manage and oversee the Cybersecurity support in the Security Operations Center (SOC). The SOC is responsible for the overall security of Enterprise-wide information systems and networks. The SOC's objectives are to protect, detect, respond, and recover from Information Security (IS) threats to the enterprise and associated systems. The SOC is chartered to prevent, detect, contain, and eradicate cyber threats through monitoring, intrusion detection, and protective security services to information systems. The SOC also conducts vulnerability assessments, analyzes cyber threats, monitors the email gateway, and collects information on and investigates and reports on all confirmed or suspected security incidents.
- Maintain and update existing cybersecurity tools / systems.
- Maintain robust knowledge of emerging cybersecurity tools / technologies, perform gap analysis and capability comparisons and recommends new tools to improve organization's cybersecurity posture.
- Develop plan of action and milestones for implementation and integrate new systems and components into the existing architecture.
- Document requirements, procedures, and protocols to ensure that SOC personnel have the right resources to properly operate existing tools.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, malware analysis, or cyber forensics
- Must hold at least one certification as required by Dept. of Defense (DoD) 8570.01-M and Department of Defense Directive 8140.01, IAT Level II or Higher
- Must have bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field. May consider relevant Certifications and Experience in place of degree. May consider Relevant Certifications and additional Experience in place of degree.
- Must have extensive experience analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance and mentorship to others in cyber threat analysis and operations, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with counterintelligence and law enforcement investigations.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in incident detection and response, and/or at least three (3) years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- Experience with the following: JIRA (Atlassian issue tracking system), Palo Alto Firewall, SNORT IDS, AlienVault SIEM, Barracuda Mail Spam / Virus Firewall, and HBSS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com .