Position Purpose and Objectives
Takes a lead role in the administration and enforcement of the credit union's information security policies, procedures, and related systems with an emphasis on protecting member data and regulatory compliance; Works with credit union management and team members to ensure a high level of security awareness and adherence to security policies.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
* Uses Service Standards in every work related interaction.
* Manages multiple information security systems, ensuring proper integration of the components with computer systems, network equipment and other devices.
* Researches data security needs and requirements for current and future systems.
* Performs regular vulnerability analysis for intentional and unintentional systems misuse and identifies appropriate counter measures.
* Takes a lead autonomous role in the management of the credit union's information security program including establishing, implementing and monitoring of information security, incident response procedures and policies, system configuration standards and ongoing risk assessments.
* Assists the credit union management team with the creation, modification, and implementation of Information Security policies and standards.
* Performs routine audits of security databases including Active Directory, Anti-Virus, DLP, Group Policy, RADIUS, and regularly reviews other security logging systems. Designs and/or implements changes to these systems in response to any discovered vulnerabilities.
* Performs regular audits
* Lead role in the management of credit union patch management, anti-virus, spam filtering, DLP, URL filtering, and intrusion prevention systems.
* Assists with the development and implementation of active directory group policy objects with an emphasis on enhancing computer systems security.
* Manages the creation, deletion, or alteration of systems access for credit union employees. Makes key decisions on whether to honor system access requests and responds appropriately.
* As primary liaison between users and Information Systems Department, provides on-call consulting advice and technical support in regard to specific operational/application issues; maintains ownership of system operations problems; resolves if possible or manages immediate resolution process.
* Takes a lead role in the research, design, and implementation of all information security related hardware or software including operating systems and communications products; coordinates implementations with third party vendors and supports representatives as needed; serves as a liaison between vendors and other departments on information security related projects.
* Evaluates new projects and proposes systems for security risks and makes recommendations for implementation to management.
* Takes lead role in analyzing, planning and implementing projects including software, in-house development, hardware, and networks to provide new products and services to members of the credit union and to improve the effectiveness of member data security. Performs capacity planning and tuning of information security systems to assure maximum availability and optimal utilization; directs/assists with hardware and software upgrades as needed.
* Develops project scope and timeline documents for individual projects per Information Systems Department standards.
* Stays current with evolving trends in information security related hardware, applications, development, and the internet.
* Provides guidance and assistance on technical skills to other I.S. staff.
* Provides regular documentation and reports on the progress of information security initiatives as well as provides suggestions or plans to further improve security efforts.
* Maintains a working knowledge of BSA laws/regulations applicable to area of responsibility; complies with all BSA laws/regulations.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position
Advanced knowledge of computer skills including hardware, software, operating systems and networking with a focus on information security; ability to design and work with multiple linked, relational databases using advanced data management techniques and processes; development, installation, administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of large, complex computer networks; advanced knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and database software; exposure to applications development in the Windows environment; above average interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required to elicit requirements and communicate technical information to users effectively; problem solving and analytical skills.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree.
Experience: Minimum four years of similar or related experience. Eight years directly related experience can be substituted for the degree
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.