Information Security Architect Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking an Information Security Architect to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Boca Raton area. The Information Security Architect will report directly to the Senior Manager Information Security and support the CISO to provide the highest quality of information assurance program to our business units and customers. Secures enterprise information by determining security requirements; planning, implementing, and testing security systems; preparing security standards, policies, and procedures; mentoring team members.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates
- Plans Security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards
- Implements security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts.
- Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Responsibility for the creation of key Information Security Intelligence, Security Analytics, Information Security Architecture, Risk and Privacy and/or Cloud Security assets to be used by the security practice globally
- Accountability for the development of strategic assets related to specific projects or offerings, as well as the related activities and financial management
- Participate on projects pre-sales activities and delivery
- Participate in infrastructure and application project teams providing consultation on information security designs
- Work on improvements for provided security services including the development of new tools and supporting assets
- Review and define requirements for information security solutions
- Limited travel possible but not regarded as a mobile role
- Collaboration responsibility with delivery team members; Technical and Process design and delivery responsibilities
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- Experience with standard security tools: Firewalls, specifically PaloAlto Networks Firewalls (mandatory), Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Scanners, etc.
- Three (3) years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role
- Five or more years' experience in IT security
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Four year degree in a relevant field preferred or an equivalent amount of post-secondary education and experience
- License / Certificate (any of the following a plus):
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.