Information Security Engineer (IT -- Managed Care)
Information Security Professionals -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 70 million consumers accessing our network products, and 45 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are currently seeking an experienced Information Security Engineer to work in either Naperville, IL or New York City office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You'll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As an Information Security Engineer, you will protect the organization's computers, networks, and data against internal and external threats while ensuring continual confidentiality, integrity and availability of organizational assets. You will continually monitor the organization's security operations and incident response efforts, leveraging offensive and defensive tool sets while ensuring compliance with all relevant internal control processes and related security and privacy laws and regulations.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Collaborate amongst risk management and other technical groups to lead design, development and implementation of information security and risk management policies, standard operating procedures, standards and best practices that fully satisfy established goals while remaining in line with organizational initiatives.
- Advice senior management on security-related components of the organization's Machine Learning and AI User Based Analytics Program, its Governance Risk and Compliance Program as well as the suite of offensive and defensive tools.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of relationships amongst various business functions including but not limited to internal audit, client account management and third party auditors. Participate in the audit and review of assigned business processes to evaluate adequacy of controls within IT. Utilize audit findings to make appropriate recommendations for the correction of weaknesses within processes and procedures that support the continual improvement in operational procedures.
- Design and implement the organization's continuous monitoring program to ensure thorough monitoring of the organization's digital security footprint.
- Collaborate amongst peers to ensure that all security tools and technologies are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Lead threat management, vulnerability management and security incident response efforts.
- Identify, collaborate, coordinate and communicate opportunities to strengthen IT security throughout the organization.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 1 Type II, AUP, NIST and other regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate Company's Core Competencies and values held within.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications maybe required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an Information Security Engineer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum High School Diploma and/or GED plus 4 years functionally related experience; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an information technology related discipline is highly preferred.
- Expert level experience in planning, development, and implementation of integrated systems across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Expertise in the management of major projects
- Expert level experience involving the development and implementation of new technologies, work processes, technical solutions to business problems, and people management
- Expertise in the formulation and implementation of action plans.
- Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable.
- Knowledge of business directions, trends, and impacts of key business and IT initiatives.
- Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects.
- Communication (written, verbal and listening), leadership, people-management, organizational, planning, and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to use computer software applicable to organization role as well as to create sophisticated documentation using MS Excel, Project, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with outsourcing vendors including US and off-shore centers.
- Ability to perform risk assessments and provide management with the current state of risk to the organization.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification preferred.
- Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
As an Information Security Engineer with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
IT & Technical