Position: Information Security Engineer
Location: Rockville, MD or DC site
As our Senior Security Engineer, you will help manage and expand a complex web application hosted in AWS supporting this research data sharing / computational science infrastructure. Your primary responsibilities will include providing security of for the information maintained in NDA infrastructure, compliance with directives from the ISSO, risk assessments, system and data monitoring and response, supporting infrastructure as code (cloud formation) in AWS, risk assessment, maintain and update the system security plan, and providing recommendations for addition of security testing integration and other areas of security concerns.
In order to support our complex computational and data environments, you will work in a collaborative team across all levels of the project, including significant interfacing with Senior National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) staff. Past experience working with medical or scientific data is a plus, as is a commitment to help improve the lives of those affected by mental illness or substance abuse.
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and 5+ years of related professional experience, or 8+ years proven related experience;
* CISSP / Information Systems Security Professional Certification;
* Demonstrable security experience overseeing an enterprise system with PII;
* Experience with security scans within AWS;
* AWS Certified Security Specialty certification;
* 3+ years Linux experience; with experience writing and using shell scripts and the shell environment;
* Excellent verbal and written communication;
* US citizenship or the possession of a valid & active Green card, with the ability to pass an MBI.
* Motivation to use computational science to accelerate our understanding of mental health and the neurosciences;
* CloudWatch, Cloudtrial, GuardDuty, Route 53, VPC, EFS, DynamoDB, Athena, Lambda, Kibanna, Xymon, Nessus and/or Metasploit;
* CISM certification;
* Python, Bash or other scripting experience;
* Oracle or similar RDBMS;
* Git version control, Ansible, Atlassian, Bamboo, bitbucket, crucible, crowd;
* One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills, and be able to work well alone and as part of a team
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.