IS (Information Systems) Manager
The IS Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the Technology Analyst team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering exceptional business value to users. The IS Manager is expected to lead and manage the development, deployment, and support of new and existing capabilities as it relates to various technologies, applications/services capabilities and other integrated solutions to meet the current and future needs of the business. This role is responsible for managing a portfolio of efforts (projects, product backlogs, etc.) using various agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple parts of the organizations. The IS Manager may play many different roles in actual practice:
At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex technical deliverables consisting of multiple teams (developers, Technology Analyst, and Business Process Analyst) including key business partners and vendors
At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team, helping the team be successful and on a solid path of continual improvement
Using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraintsResponsibilities
- Drive team members to develop practices and processes that optimally advance the translation of effort into value creation; minimize total cost of ownership by establishing high bar on quality including test driven development, continuous integration, and automated unit testing; establish metrics to measure and help the teams improve
- Provide input and assists the Director of IT to implement Best Practices as defined and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices.
- Establish direction and clear sense of meaning to inspire teams in creating their own connection and passion to the business goals
- Aid team in increasing productivity, minimize waste, practice lean thinking and help remove barriers impacting team's ability to deliver
- High level of intellectual ability and be able to demonstrate appropriate insightful problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision-making and communication skills are necessary to perform the functions as described.
- Acts as technology owner, accountable for implementation and maintenance of products/services within the team, partnering with Product Owners and Business Sponsors in providing transparency in execution and monitoring within delivery plans
- In partnership with the Scrum Master, drives team members to leverage or develop well-defined practices and processes that aid in increasing productivity and minimizing waste to ensure work is delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high-quality standards and meeting customer expectations
- Manage deliverables, status, and quality elements throughout the lifecycle for work efforts that may span multiple functions, departments, and processes
- Identify risks, create mitigation plans and drive deliverables for production launches and articulate any operational/performance gaps needing to be addressed
- Validate operational readiness to include requirements, design, testing, documentation, training, tools, change management, service level agreements (SLAs), service assurance policies & procedures, escalation procedures, and disaster recovery & business continuity plans
- Manage the technology gating assessments minimizing project risks; mitigating deployment delays and promoting full operational readiness associated with any production launch
- Leverage well-defined processes for delivering work (such as project management or agile) to ensure work is delivered on time, within budget, adhering to high-quality standards, and meeting customer expectations
- Report and measure project progress toward goals and revises project objectives; document applying change control procedures throughout the project lifecycle
- Evaluates conceptual aspects of technical designs of applications, systems and solutions to ensure sound decisions and investments are made in accordance with application architecture governance policies and standards.
- Establishes metrics, reports and measures progress toward goals and effectively communicates progress to appropriate stakeholders
- Anticipate and identify tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status
- Provide recommendations for operational efficiency and process improvements subject to management review in support of change
- Act as Coach-Leader, coaching others in their development as leaders, catalyzing the growth of people's capacity to embrace greater complexity, and focus on helping others formulate their development agenda
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring team members
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Management responsibility for the CRM team, including hiring, leadership, development and accountability for performance.
- Understanding how to communicate and engage with highly-technical knowledge workers. Able to challenge analysts', developers', testers' and architects' thought processes to drive them to better solutions.
- Establish operational/team objectives and goals.
- Evaluate conceptual aspects of technical designs of applications, systems and solutions to ensure sound decisions and investments are made in accordance with application architecture governance policies and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum of 10-12 years of IT experience
- Experience overseeing multi-function teams with at least 5 team members including project managers or scrum masters, developers, business and/or systems analysts, and quality assurance personnel
- Experience with enterprise-scale applications
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Microsoft Project, Visio, VersionOne, and MS Office
- Agile (Scrum, KanBan) experience
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.