Brooksource is searching for an Infrastructure Analyst to support our clients Integrated Command Center. This role is for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for a 6-12 month contract to hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate with 1-3 years of Linux experience to support a large infrastructure environment.
Our client is looking to transform their 24x7 Ops functions and establish a new, best-in-class, Integrated Command Center that will specialize in predictive and proactive monitoring, issue resolution, and the improved reliability of our Data Center Infrastructure and business critical applications.
The Infrastructure Analyst will have the exciting opportunity to work on the Infrastructure Operations Advanced Support team and assist our Integrated Command Center with IT Infrastructure Reliability and Support.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide proactive and predictive monitoring, support, and problem resolution of all data center infrastructure and software environments, storage, printing, networking, and batch environments
- Review and Complete Incident, Work Order, e-Form, and Other IT Infrastructure-related requests.
- Lead and Participate in Service Disruption events and Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Assists in determining, planning, and implementing necessary changes to the IT infrastructure as needed.
- Participates on projects teams to provide support and consultation as needed
- Participates in rotational schedule to assist with Heavy Patch Deployment nights (e.g. Thursday and Saturday)
- Develop and promote standard processes and procedures.
- Ongoing Cross-Training of Technical and Process knowledge.
- Provide support internally for any technical issues requiring escalation
- Identify and implement automation opportunities
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or Business (MIS) or related discipline, or 2+ years IT related experience in lieu of the degree
- Experience and Working Knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop OS
- Experience and Working Knowledge of Linux and UNIX Server OS
- Experience and Working Knowledge of Storage Area Network Infrastructure
- Highly motivated, flexible, and full of initiative
- Ability to lead amongst peers to fulfill requests and resolve issues.
- Ability to analyze, resolve, and document problems and resolution
- Strong Written and Verbal communication skills
- Strong Collaboration and Customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office toolset
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies (VMware, Citrix)
- Experience and Knowledge of Data Center Working Environment
- Knowledge of Batch Scheduling tools (CAWA/ESP, CA7, Zeke)
- Knowledge of print queues, DHCP, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Familiar with Data Network/Transport Environments
- Hands-on experience with Cisco enterprise networking product
- CCNA Certification
- (Direct report) Reporting directly to the ICC Director
- (Hours) M-F 8AM-5PM. On call rotation schedule
- (Dress code) Business casual
• (Location) Charlotte, NC
• (Interview) Thursday 2/7
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.