Title: Infrastructure Engineer(Defense/Aerospace)
Duration: 12 month(s)
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Location: Aurora CO 80010
Description/Comment: Job Description:
- Proven hands on experience in one of the following scripting languages: bash, PowerShell, ruby; and command line automation in Chef, Jenkins, or Ansible.
- The Automation Engineer will develop Chef Automation products Navigation, Weather and Services (NWS) Programs. These teams design and develop chef recipes and cookbooks that deploy and configure operating systems, COTS products, and bespoke software systematically building up our complex applications from bare metal servers. The team is developing a comprehensive, systemic automation deployment involving multiple physical environments; AWS as a development/test environment; security compliance; and database deploys. The individual will be need to be a strong Chef developer in order to jump in and develop Automation Scripts from requirements at the command line in support of the automation teams.
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Provide daily Chef Automation Development through Scripting to ensure all system technical requirements are addressed.
- Update designs based on Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Change Requests (CR), through effective collaboration with the Automation team staff
- Collaboration with the Infrastructure Automation team to ensure program deadlines and milestones are met.
- Status reporting to leadership.