Title: Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: 12 MONTHS
Address: Aurora , Colorado
The Automation Engineer will develop Chef Automation products on client’s Navigation, Weather and Services (NWS) Programs. These teams design and develop chef recipes and cookbooks that deploy and configure operating systems, COTS products, and bespoke software systematically building up our complex applications from bare metal servers. The team is developing a comprehensive, systemic automation deployment involving multiple physical environments; AWS as a development/test environment; security compliance; and database deploys. The individual will be need to be a strong Chef developer in order to jump in and develop Automation Scripts from requirements at the command line in support of the automation teams.
Key Responsibilities includes:
• Provide daily Chef Automation Development through Scripting to ensure all system technical requirements are addressed.
• Update designs based on Discrepancy Reports (DRs) and Change Requests (CR), through effective collaboration with the Automation team staff
• Collaboration with the Infrastructure Automation team to ensure program deadlines and milestones are met.
• Status reporting to leadership.
• Experience designing and writing scripts for automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible to perform operating system builds; as well as software installation and configuration
• Experience in the development, and test of DevOps pipelines and related methodologies
• Experience in system development utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), and related methodologies
• Knowledge and experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
• Exceptional communication skills with extensive experience working with a wide range of leadership
• Knowledge and experience of COTS software installations
• Strong attention to detail with results-oriented mindset
• 4+ years of related work experience
• Experience and understanding of Jenkins
• Experience as a Linux System Administrator
• Experience as a Windows System Administrator
• Current US Government DoD Secret Security Clearance US Citizenship desired
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4+ years of related work experience or 12 years of related work experience in lieu of a STEM degree