Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Infrastructure Network Manager provides day to day supervision of department staff. Coordinates operational activities of the department including strategy development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies; procedures; project resourcing and reporting. Builds and manages a high performance team delivering highly available and resilient telecom and network services to the enterprise supporting company strategic goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Company Vision To be the BEST!
- Caring for and Cultivating People
- Delighting our Customers
- Growing Responsibly
- Drives Value to the Business
- Lives and shares The Dream and philosophies and assists others to realize their dream; connects employees to Company vision and purpose
- Participates in Infrastructure Engineering recruitment, hiring, training, employee development and performance management
- Provides direction and feedback on the day-to-day activities of employees
- Communicates clear job expectations, goals and development opportunities to Infrastructure Engineering employees
- Prepares employee development plans; recommends appropriate action to upper management
- Conducts performance reviews
- Coaches and mentors Infrastructure Engineering employees
- Serves as an escalation point for interpersonal and operational employee challenges
- Regularly meets with employees in a one-on-one setting
- Manages work schedules and performs time keeping activities
- Monitors and adjusts employee workloads
- Monitors department projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality level
- Gathers, tracks and reports department attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to upper management
- Ensures the highest level of Customer Delight by promoting and providing excellent customer service
- Ensures Company procedures are followed, including the tracking and publishing of metrics
- Works collaboratively across departments to identify and resolve risks, conflicts and challenges, recommends resolution and implementing process improvements
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies; brings forward solutions and serves as a Trusted Expert
- Participates in Company management initiatives such as: meetings, conferences, and committees
- Develops and maintains departmental governance procedures
- Supports decisions made by Company leadership
Specific duties to IT Network Infrastructure
- Manage and lead network engineers in design, installation, configuration, upgrading of enterprise network environments.
- Manages disaster recovery strategy and mechanisms for mission critical network transports
- Manages Capacity planning and management of network systems
- Provides leadership and strategy in evaluating and implementing new technologies that further Discount Tire's telecom and network environments.
- Works closely with enterprise security to ensure security requirements are fully integrated into telecom and network strategies, and implementation.
- Define the network infrastructure development lifecycle. Implement improvements to the practice. Coach others through the network development life cycle.
- Consult with multiple stakeholders to collaboratively define and improve the network and telecom practices.
- Leads the Infrastructure teams responsible for systems including but not limited to: Cisco Routing and Switching equipment, Meraki SDWan, Meraki WIFI, Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco FirePower Firewalls, Cisco VPN technologies, and other enterprise network technologies.
- Lead the design and development of monitoring, reporting, alerting and analytics focused on ensuring resiliency and proactive alerting for telecom systems and enterprise network transports.
- Collaborate with infrastructure engagement manager, product teams, operations management and stakeholders to optimize network performance, and resiliency.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position required a minimum of eight years professional experience with leading highly technical teams. This includes: strategy, resilient design, and implementation enterprise telecom and network systems.
- Expert in network operating systems, SDWAN, WLAN, public cloud environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience in managing and leading teams. Proven ability to provide a high degree of planning, execution and outcome is required.
- Strong analytical and financial skills are required including, ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is needed.
- Expert ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing is necessary.
- Excellent analytical, planning and negotiation skills are needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the expert ability to develop strong relationships with key members of both internal and vendor teams.
- Demonstrated business acumen with an expert knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Must be highly organized, extremely detail oriented with strong leadership experience.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is a key attribute.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal oriented, and time sensitive environment.
- The ability to drive organizational transformation; communicates openly and builds consensus with stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is required.
- Professional certifications are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.