Developing and recommending scalable architecture solutions for the company that support the corporate vision. Responsible for design and implementation of enterprise infrastructure to support Securus’s platforms and. Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements.
- Creates plans for data center infrastructure, server deployment, explains plan to management, makes decisions about computer hardware and layout, and oversees plan implementation
- Researches and resolves complex issues regarding operations, installations, on-line transactions, system status and downtime
- Analyzes usage and trends, and evaluates vendor products in hardware and software
- Determines and develops architectural approaches and solutions for compute, storage and hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Develop target architectures, with supporting business cases and road maps.
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership within project teams.
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality products and systems.
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and others to produce cutting-edge software solutions.
- Participate in and/or lead project teams as a technical resource to deliver solutions that follow best-practice standards.
- Participate in strategic planning process and assist with managing strategic vendor relations.
- Participate in and/or lead team initiatives with other engineers for new technology introductions / deployments, and establishing best-practice recommendations.
- Coach and mentor other delivery, quality assurance, and support personnel.
- Experience with implementing, supporting and performance tuning of scalable, fault-tolerant, highly available, multi-data center systems.
- Support technical projects to reduce cost, improve service or provide innovated business solutions consistent with the business strategies.
- Provide Tier 4 engineering and Tier 3 support during critical incidents as necessary.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve operations issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Experience in building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience applying technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques to solve problems.
- Good understanding of network protocols.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Web server and application server administration and web applications deployment experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. May be relaxed with equivalent work experience proven certifications.
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure engineering and Architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in system administration (Windows and Linux).
- 3+ years of experience in data center storage solutions (SAN, NAS etc..)
- Architecture Certifications (TOGAF or similar)
- Experience with one or more of the following including a deeper understanding of the languages/eco systems surrounding the language
- Experience with and very good understanding of one or more of the following
- Java SE, JEE, .Net, Web Technologies, Web Services, Messaging systems, Relational databases, NoSQL data stores
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds. It is the Company’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.