The Engineering Technician will function at the Innovation Center, in coordination with the Design Engineering Product Develop Team, is involved in the development of new products and manufacturing processes. Major areas of focus are test validation, manufacturing process development and documentation, and the fabrication of prototypes, fixtures, and test stands. The successful candidate must be technically competent and able to perform in a fast-paced Lean New Product Development Team environment and to be able to adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in product design, development, validation, and prototype production.
- Competently operate, calibrate, and setup traditional test equipment. Maintain test equipment and recommend improvements.
- Conduct tests and calculates/collects data, writes, and submits test reports.
- Inspect or test parts to determine the nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Addresses and resolves technical issues per procedure and notifies Engineers and Supervisors on any unsolved technical issues.
- Assists in driving the implementation of projects to meet due dates and timelines effectively and successfully while supporting multiple projects at a time.
- Recommend tests or testing conditions in accordance with designs, customer requirements, or industry standards to ensure test validity.
- Set up mechanical, hydraulic, or electric test equipment in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, or test procedures.
- Operate and maintain rapid prototype equipment and test lab equipment.
- Assist in developing methods used in the prevention, control, or remediation of environmental and safety hazards in the work area.
- Adheres to all safety rules and report questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Apply, recommend, and follow Lean practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, general business periodicals, professional journals, safety rules, technical and procedure manuals, and government regulations.
- Ability to write routine reports, process instructions, and business correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with various concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Microsoft Excel and Word. Familiar with engineering software such as Solidworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-year technical associate degree with emphasis in electronics, electrical, or mechanical engineering, required.
- Certification in Labview and PLC programming or one year of working experience programming, required.
- CMM experience, preferred
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate; however, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.