AceInfo is currently seeking a Hardware Specialist – Installation Engineer to support our federal project, in Bowie, MD.
AceInfo Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced, motivated Hardware Engineer familiar with datacenter infrastructure. We have a position open at a Federal Tier 2 Data Center to assist in the management of Enterprise level compute and storage resources as well as installation architecture, and technical hardware issues. The candidate will work with team members who possess diverse backgrounds (systems engineering, system administration, storage engineering) and will be part of a Government contractor team working at Census Data Center in the Bowie, MD. The candidate will have the opportunity to immerse him or herself in the ever-changing environment of innovative technologies that are key to mission of the Census Bureau.
- Support 99000 square ft. data center for United States Census Bureau with installation needs.
- Maintain a standard computing environment based upon the Utility Computing Model.
- Install and maintain structured cabling in a datacenter environment including Cat 5, Cat 6 and Fiber optic network cabling.
- Run cable to and from locations that include network switches, servers and PDU’s in a clean, traceable manner.
- Establish network connection through accurate documentation and communication with Telecommunication offices.
- Must be able to create and maintain infrastructure documentation that can be used by multiple computer center divisions.
- Maintain uniform equipment labeling.
- Maintain all cabling infrastructure including copper, fiber and power.
- Install, move, add, change, and decommission computer systems upon request.
- Install, move, add, change, and decommission fiber and copper cable plant, patch panels, etc.
- Assist with maintenance activities for power, cabling and IT cabinets.
- Develop and maintain documentation (using AutoCAD where applicable) for power, cabling and IT cabinets.
- Monitor, resolve all data center issues.
- Assist and escort partners and vendors to support, build and maintain critical infrastructure.
- Perform emergency activities as approved by the Change Control Board.
- Troubleshoot technical issues with all cabling structures.
- Install Cisco UCS Servers and network devices.
- Perform general datacenter walkthroughs.
- Maintain clean and orderly premises at all times.
- Ensure all new installations comply with the customer’s standard computing environment (primarily RedHat Linux and Windows).
- Provide occasional 24/7 on call support
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the Census Bureau Technology needs