LyondellBasell's Global Projects & Engineering (GPE) is a world-class, central engineering support organization - advancing continuous performance improvements in our manufacturing facilities worldwide. US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center only 14 short miles from downtown Houston, TX. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan and employee discounts.
The Instrument Engineer position is for an Electrical or related discipline Engineer specializing in instrumentation and control systems with 7+ years of applicable industrial experience. Of particular interest would be the areas of Turbomachinery Governor Controls, Instrument Data Management, On-Line Instrument Diagnostics, digital instrument technology, control valve technology, Safety Instrumented Systems, or distributed control systems.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Function as a credible technical lead on the largest projects being executed within LYB
- Provide engineering design and specifications to support procurement and construction activities for projects
- Review design drawing and engineering specifications to ensure conformance with relevant standards and practices
- Serve as an instrument technology expert liaison between project engineers, plant maintenance, and operations personnel
- Interact with Engineers and Construction contractors, both on-site and off-site
- Analyze reliability, environmental, and process safety incident data and deliver results in reducing incidents across businesses
- Steward the development, implementation and maintenance of Global Instrument Engineering Standards
- Effectively facilitate teamwork to obtain alignment of organizational goals and gain consensus and support from company personnel
- Consult and assist sites globally with the maintenance of existing instrumentation
- Provide training to others on new as well as existing instrument technologies
- Work to develop into Staff Instrument Engineer within GPE or at an LYB site
- Participate in global teams and networks
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering Discipline
- 7+ years applicable industrial experience.
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time
- Proven leader with the ability to successfully drive critical initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of Turbomachinery Governor Controls, Instrument Data Management, On-Line Instrument Diagnostics, digital instrument technology, control valve technology, or distributed control systems
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston