The Interface Analyst is responsible for driving the foreign system interface design process. For each system interface, the Analyst will coordinate analysis and design sessions; document specifications into an Interface Control Document (ICD). The Interface Analyst will coordinate with customer stakeholders to gain acceptance of the specification. Supports the design and management of systems over the entire lifecycle from inception to phase-out. Supports internal IT process enhancement, creating scripts to automate internal workflows. Supports routine systems operations and maintenance of infrastructure services. Performs routine tests and documents system issues.
* Installs, configures, tests, and maintains operating systems, applications software, and system management tools.
* Promotes efficiency of routine operations by increasing standardization and creating automation and scripting of tasks.
* Addresses the day-to-day management and maintenance of infrastructure services, systems, applications, and hardware usage.
* Works with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
* Supports and takes direction from senior technical staff to develop deployment specifications and configurations.
* Conducts technical evaluation, design and readiness reviews, and quality control.
* Provides some technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management and assists in providing technical input to the systems engineer process.
* Performs routine tests and documents system issues.
* Provides analytical support in the conceptualization, development, and implementation of robust, inter-linked systems.
* Supports system design, analyses, interface verification, testing, or mission operations under direction of more experienced engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, other relevant field, or equivalent relevant experience; Bachelor's Degree
* Experience with interface development
* Experience with requirements gathering and analysis
Other Job Specific Skills
* Understanding of VA systems
* Experience in Healthcare IT & understanding of HL7
* Background in system integration, including design and implementation
* Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
* Ability to elicit, analyze, document, and validate the system requirements that support the required system changes to meet the business need.
* Must have the ability to work under aggressive deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize as necessary.
* Excellent analytical, comprehension, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of server operating systems, network fundamentals and architecture, and database applications.
* Ability to provision, install, configure, operate, and maintain systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
* Ability to work with various programming languages, operating systems, and computer hardware platforms.
* Capability to creatively solve requirements needs.