The Intermediate Operations Research (OR) Analytics Developer provides input and support for full systems life cycle management activities (e.g. analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation, etc.) to model UPS business situations resulting in the development of applications and algorithms. He/She performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines to support the application and development of optimization techniques to business problems. This position collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives. He/She provides knowledge, development, maintenance, and support for both applications and business needs.
The Intermediate OR Analytics Developer contributes in the development of C# programs to develop optimization tools and heuristics using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013. He/She Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex .NET programs and databases to ensure optimal performance and compliance. This position develops and performs unit testing to deliver quality components, as well as performs maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution.
- Records and updates defect logs to ensure thorough and accurate documentation.
- Contributes to work sessions to gather relevant information and to ensure understanding of the problem domain.
- Performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan.
- Contributes to defining integration test specifications to conduct tests, record failures, and conduct fault diagnoses.
- Contributes to the creation of build processes to produce software and to prepare tools for delivery.
- Contributes in the gathering and development of needed data sources.
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a broad understanding of business requirements or critical elements of a problem; identifies the impact of a problem on multiple areas of the business; recommends improvements to existing processes or programs.
- Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs. Supports new technologies. Maintains basic understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies.
- Problem Management: Monitors actions to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services.
- Technical Problem Solving and Analytical Processes: Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using pre-defined steps, limited experience, and available tools. Identifies and documents changes that need to be made to established procedures. Makes recommendations and resolves moderately complex technical problems. Contributes to the identification of inefficiencies and deficiencies in processes and applications during walk throughs, tests, and actual execution. Proposes improvements to processes and applications and executes the agreed upon changes designed to improve processes and applications.
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field – Preferred
- Experience in object oriented analysis and design, application development, database design, and systems architecture (e.g., C#.Net, SQL Server, Java, etc.) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity