Intermediate Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role of an Intermediate Applications Developer:
ConnectShip, Inc., a UPS subsidiary, builds multi-carrier transportation and logistics software solutions. Our products include on-site and cloud-based transportation APIs as well as shipping and visibility solutions. If you enjoy designing and writing software to solve problems, we want to hear from you. We are looking for talented and motivated software engineers to join our innovative team. This small and dynamic environment offers a unique opportunity to showcase your many diverse talents, including emerging technologies, thought leadership, web-based and hybrid development methodologies, backend APIs, software design and architecture, and complex problem solving.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Design and develop software, and support development process through architecture, coding and debugging
- Participate in product/software strategy, design, and technical architecture definitions to align solutions with business needs
- Monitor current and emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Interact with other functions and departments (requirements, QA, deployment, build team, support and integration, etc.) throughout the software development life cycle
- Proficient in C#/.NET
- Exposure to Azure, AWS, GCP, or other cloud platform technologies
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps processes
- Working understanding of software engineering principles and modern development technologies
- Database design experience (SQL Server and Oracle preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law