We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Welbilt is currently looking for two (2) Engineering Interns at our Welbilt facility in Covington, Tennessee*. Each will work closely with Operations personnel to analyze and develop efficient manufacturing procedures, implement continuous improvement processes, and be involved in introduction of new technology to the production floor.
Through this program you will have the opportunity to:
- Broaden your real-world business knowledge and experience
- Receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Gain exposure to other functions and departments
- Share your experiences and present key learnings to a management team
- Strengthen professional skills in the areas of - functional requirement specifications, product manufacturing, improved product development team activities, process flow, time studies, line balancing, safety management systems and data collection / analyzing
Assure assembly lines are balanced and meet the capacity requirements set out by management
Develop work instructions to ensure employees can perform standard work
Design and control the use of storage and assembly space in the plant using 5S and safety principles
Involvement with implementing new technology to production areas and development of standards for implementing new technology.
Conduct independent studies and manage projects to improve efficiency and reduce non-value-added activities.
Assure fair and consistent time standards for production areas to allow for accurate costing and manpower planning.
Fulfill the financial controls and risk management responsibilities inherent in the position.
Conduct in accordance with the Company Code of Ethics Policy at all times.
Support projects arising from lean implementation and kaizen events.
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering at an accredited school.
- Preferred completion of Sophomore year of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Knowledge or experience working with operating systems, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Visio
- Other valuable experience - refrigeration technology, production systems, ergonomics, CAD
- Working environment - Normal office and manufacturing facility conditions with extended periods of sitting or standing
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Schedule - Normal business hours; up to 30 hours per week (may be varied)
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team
Ability to communicate effectively - written andverbal
- Must have valid US work authorization
*The Delfield Company in Covington, Tennessee manufactures andmarkets a complete line of foodservice equipment for restaurants, hotels andinstitutions (including prep tables, undercounter/worktop refrigeration, andblast chillers/freezers) and specializes in custom and reach-inrefrigeration. The warehouse facilityprovides logistics for the Welbilt family of brands across the globe. The facilities in Covington are a division ofWelbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides theworld's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents withindustry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutionsare powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise.Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™,Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™,Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands aresupported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts andservice brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, andKitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in theTampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sellthrough a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.
Welbilt,Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. All applicants shall receive equalconsideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color,religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status,medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment,hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individualskills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.