Welbilt designs, manufactures and supplies best-in-class commercial food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market and provides the world's top chefs, and premier chain operators or growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our cutting-edge designs and lean manufacturing tactics are powered by deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise.Welbilt is headquartered in New Port Richey, FL and is supported by over 5800 employees globally and operates in 20 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Welbilt's industry leading brands include Cleveland, Crem™, Convotherm®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln, Merco®, Merrychef®, Multiplex® and Manitowoc® Beverage Systems. These product brands are supported by two service brands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand.
Welbilt's internship program is designed to expose individuals to all phases of the foodservice equipment value chain and will take place at Delfield in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Through this program you will have the opportunity to:
- Broaden your real-world business knowledge and experience
- Receive an inside look at your potential career path
- Gain exposure to other functions and departments
- Share your experiences and present key learnings to a management team
- Strengthen professional skills in the areas of - design conceptualization, customer interaction, functional requirement specifications, equipment manufacturing, improved product development team activities, design for manufacturing and design for serviceability
Welbilt is looking for five (5) Manufacturing Engineer Interns - each will work closely with Operations personnel to analyze and develop efficient manufacturing procedures, implement continuous improvement processes, and be involved in introduction of new technology to the production floor.
- Assure assembly lines are balanced and meet the capacity requirements set out by management.
Develop work instructions to ensure employees can perform standard work.
Design and control the use of storage and assembly space in the plant using 5S principles.
Involvement with implementing new technology to production areas and development of standards for implementing new technology.
Conduct independent studies and manage projects to improve efficiency and reduce non-value-added activities.
Assure fair and consistent time standards for production areas to allow for accurate costing and manpower planning.
Fulfill the financial controls and risk management responsibilities inherent in the position.
Conduct in accordance with the Company Code of Ethics Policy at all times.
Support projects arising from lean implementation and kaizen events.
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering or Mathematics at an accredited school. Must have completed Sophomore year of coursework prior to the start of the internship.
- Knowledge or experience working with operating systems, such as Microsoft Office.
- Other valuable experience - refrigeration technology, electric circuits.
- Working environment - Normal office and manufacturing facility conditions with extended periods of sitting or standing. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Schedule - Normal business hours; up to 30 hours per week
- Must have valid US work authorization
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem™, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by two service brands: FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,800 employees and operating 17 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 3,500 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com.