LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our products to a global customer base. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining accurate, strategic, and real-time inventory positions for your assigned business area, utilizing analytical and forecasting tools to understand challenges and present solutions to the business and North America Supply Chain organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance to Level I Inventory Planners (where applicable) to resolve customer, supplier, or business related problems.
- Manage inventory to fulfill customer orders for more complex products or shipping locations while using optimum transportation modes to ensure on-time shipping and lead time, focusing on meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Act as the main point of contact and work independently to coordinate inbound and outbound movements of products from assigned shipping location(s) and / or product line(s). Product movements may be packaged (boxes, bags, or drums) or in bulk via truck, rail, barge, vessel, export container, or pipeline depending on the business supported.
- Where applicable, work with third party tolling facilities to coordinate daily activities between the business, operations planning, and suppliers.
- Build and establish relationships with third party logistics (3PL) service providers, clearly understand terminal, transportation, and inspection operations (where applicable).
- Effectively deliver and facilitate communication across 3PL providers, internal Supply Chain contacts and the business - including, but not limited to operations planning, commercial management, and manufacturing to provide answers regarding product availability. Proactively provide solutions to time-sensitive needs.
- Manage products in-transit, third party inventory storage, and exchange agreements (where applicable).
- Partner with inventory accounting to accurately reconcile inventory at the conclusion of each month.
- Identify and implement programs which reduce cost, increase efficiency, and align procedures.
- Facilitate efforts on problem resolution and root cause analysis of quality and service incidents while involving others as appropriate to accomplish the task.
- Support LYB efforts to monitor and achieve continuous improvement in Regional Distribution Center / terminals / plants regarding quality, service, and cost performance.
- Analyze complex data, identify trends and anomalies, and present findings in a clear format.
- Document all processes, procedures, benchmarks, and analyses performed.
- Demonstrate independent knowledge of the Enterprise system (SAP), extended system tools, and assist team members and 3PL providers with full utilization of these tools.
- Assure and maintain accuracy of material and/or master data in SAP and extended systems.
- Operate with a solution-oriented mindset with regard to process improvements; Assist with change implementation for extended system improvements or other customer fulfillment projects. Partner with peers to provide solutions, guidance to resolve customer fulfillment of business related problems.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external customers.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years' relevant, industry related experience.
- Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in SAP.
- Strong analytical skills. Comfortable consolidating and analyzing data in Microsoft Excel, as well as utilizing statistical forecasting and modeling.
- A bachelors degree preffered.
- Complex problem resolution abilities.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize responsibilities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Composed in time-sensitive situations, comfortable delivering difficult news.
- Order fulfillment experience with direct order management or logistics coordination.
- Knowledge of transportation tracking systems, inventory management tools, and an understanding of the manufacturing/production process.
- Experience with SAP material movement and inventory reconciliation transactions.
- Able to conduct research, prepare comprehensive reports, and present complex financial and statistical information in a clear and succinct fashion.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Referral Bonus: $1,500.00
Nearest Major Market: Houston