Troubleshoots and repairs irrigation systems independently or under supervision. Performs a range of common duties including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading lawn care products from vehicles, digging and refilling holes and routine grounds maintenance tasks. Provides assistance to others in an overall team effort.
1. May service and/or install sprinkler systems to work order specifications.
2. Troubleshoots minor sprinkler system problems (wire valves, fix leaks, repair damaged sprinkler heads, etc.) to make systems work correctly.
3. Reads production schedule, customer order or work order to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or serviced.
4. Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas. Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
5. Operates and/or maintains equipment such as a lawn tractors, spreaders, aerators, and seeders.
6. Performs routine grounds maintenance or grounds equipment maintenance in accordance with established safety procedures.
7. Interacts with the customer onsite as needed to receive further direction regarding area to be serviced.
8. May engage in snow or ice removal ice from walks, driveways or parking lots. May rake and mulch leaves, aerate, seed, fertilize, mow and/or repair damaged lawns.
9. May assist in the pruning of trees and shrubs.
10. May drive vehicle to production locations and assigned areas.