In the Sr. Engineer role you’ll serve as a problem solver, who is responsible for the
successful design, implementation, quality, and reliability of APIs that support the
fulfillment of digital orders to the restaurant. This role will be extremely team-oriented and you will work directly alongside design, UI engineers, a quality engineer, and technical and product leads in the Customer Technology Solutions space.
- Work alongside UI developers, or other third parties to design API contracts and services that support various business use cases.
- Implement reliable, well-thought through services that are built with supportability, and testability at the forefront.
- Ensure quality, non-brittle unit and integration tests, that efficiently and effectively cover code and ensure maintaining quality of code.
- Approach new or existing work with an attitude of consistently improving the quality.
- Identify & propose emerging software engineering technologies, methodologies and/or approaches
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of related professional experience
- Expert-level knowledge in object oriented modeling, analysis, design and programming using Python, Java, Go, and/or similar languages
- Experience working with TDD, CI/CD, agile, or similar software development practices
- Managing infrastructure and deployments via a cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred)
- Apache Kafka, Kubernetes, EKS experience
- Familiarity using test-driven development frameworks or automated testing tools for mobile development
Required Level of Education