Junior Network Engineer
Long term contract to hire
We are currently seeking a Junior Network Engineer to support one of our Fortune 100 clients to help support the delivery and maintenance of their Network Infrastructure. You will be supporting the migrations away from legacy systems and provisioning secure IP based network infrastructure.
Responsibilities: Requirements: Certifications (Nice to have)
• Assist in planning the introduction of new technologies
• Provide technical assistance and support for the deployment of Network infrastructure
• Write design standards of on-going configuration and maintenance of installed infrastructure
• Handling and configuring of switches, routers, and servers, especially Cisco networking equipment.
• Working with third party vendors to ensure solutions complies with technical standards and architecture.
• Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and developments.
• Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback, and recognition as required.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Understanding of Network principals, OSI layers 1, 2 and 3.
• Knowledge of routing and associated protocols.
• Proven ability to ramp up in technology.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher educational pursuit in the telecommunication/cable industry.
Certifications (Nice to have)
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.