Location: Durham, NC
As a member of the team
You'll build and influence innovative solutions that meet not only functional, but also performance, scalability and reliability requirements.
You will be encouraged to work as a member of a high functioning Scrum team to help drive the next generation user experience for the division both internally and externally.
- Experience using fluid grids, and building responsive websites
- Making use of Cascading Style Sheets CSS3 features & CSS frameworks to implement responsive web design; HTML5 including HTML5 API's; CSS and CSS preprocessors such as SASS or Lint;
- DOM; Ability to build cross browser page layouts and components; Knowledge of design techniques for developing websites with good performance (i.e. lazy loading, use of Spites, etc.);
- Knowledge of expanded HTML5 semantics and popular HTML5 APIs (e.g. audio, video, SVG) Back End/Web Services;
- Experience and knowledge of RESTful API's or other Web Services; Java.
- Superb communication skills including the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles;
- Design, develop and implement web applications, including alignment to coding standards, and building/running appropriate unit and integration tests and deployment scripts;
- Basic principles of software design for maintainable and extendable software;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other developers and co-workers including distributed team members;
- Partner with QA to own the quality of the product; Ability to use or learn Design Patterns;
- Agile/Scrum experience or basic knowledge;
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the product development.
The following qualifications will receive strong preference:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field; software development, preferably front end; client-side UI development;
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 and popular page layout frameworks;
- Responsive Web Design Development experience;
- Experience mentoring junior staff and defining coding standards and best practices;
- Hands-on experience with Responsive Web Design and Web Accessibility;
- Experience working with large branded websites, content management systems, E-commerce platforms, and backend frameworks (Java, .NET) is a plus;
- Experience within a large technical organization a plus; Familiarity with Agile concepts in an enterprise setting is a plus;
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems concepts and architecture a plus.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!