Java Application Support Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Java Application Support professional for an opportunity in Charlotte, NC. The client is looking for candidates that can convert to FTE. This Java Support role is responsible for running the day to day operations of the technology platform. Java Developer background is required to be successful in this role. Must have Job Stability.
- MINIMUM of three years of experience is required
- Must be able to support on-call and work weekend/evening hours on occasion
- Java knowledge, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Webservices
- Oracle, PLSQL
- Tools - Splunk, Introscope, Tealeaf, Remedy
- .Net, IIS, MSSQL server
- Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc.
- Identifies possible production failure scenarios, creates incident tickets, enhancements and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicates effectively with development and internal business operations teams.
- Identifies vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services.
- Creates and enhances administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Takes ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills.
- Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves complex issues.
- Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications.
- Works on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques.
- May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but does not directly manage others.
- Initiates and provides leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of an technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives.
- Participates with management in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area.
- Serves as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests.
- Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment.
- Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.