Aerotek's Client has a Java8 developer position to help develop their next generation platform for retail solutions using Java technologies. Solutions include point of sale (POS), customer loyalty solutions, and mobile applications (Android, iOS). Many technologies are used including SaaS (Software as a Service), SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), MoM (Message Oriented Middleware), cloud computing, Enterprise, and Desktop Java Development. The developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development. You'll be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development with at least one functional language including Java8
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented designs
- Computer Science fundamentals in functional programming
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Development experience for web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, productive software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience with tools like: Docker, maven, java gitlab, and version one, Swagger U/I for reviewing the swagger APIs.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.