Java DevOps Engineer
As the Java DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for writing code, building APIs and services, and deploying services into the cloud. As the Java DevOps Engineer, you will join on a team of middleware developers within a digital home engineering group that is responsible for building out the cloud platform of home security cameras.
If you feel that describes you, keep reading and apply!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering is required, a Master's degree is desirable
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Java development, focused on cloud-based systems
• Strong Java development skills, preferably with Ver. 1.8, and Sprint Boot framework
• Experience with deployments to the cloud; AWS is preferred
• Experience building out deployment pipelines (no specific tool required)
• Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
• Proven experience of developing microservices and complex microservice-based platform architectures
• Experience establishing non-functional best-practices and deploying supporting technologies for improving platform security (including audit) and reliability (latency, availability, scalability)
• Excellent interpersonal and technical communication with peers, and non-peers alike, with a can-do attitude
• Work in an Agile environment to deliver high-quality software in an incremental manner
• Creation, management and operation of a diverse set of DevOps related tools, processes, paradigms and technologies that enable the creation and ongoing operation of an IoT platform
• Focus on the creation of horizontal tools, technologies and best-practices that enable and support all the IoT Platform engineering teams to build, debug, test, release, manage and secure the IoT Platform's modern, microservices-based cloud infrastructure
• Collaborate in defining the methodologies and ways-of-working that will enable our fast-paced engineering teams to flourish as we collectively buildout the IoT Platform
• Define common frameworks and software libraries, in various programming languages, that support the creation of efficient, scalable and highly available microservice-based architectures
• Support the management of running the IoT Platform system architecture
• Work closely with architects and technical product managers and other members of your team to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed, implemented and tested software solutions
• Help promote the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools. You are providing guidance and feedback to other software developers.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.