Java Developer - Chantilly, VA
Are you a high energy, motivated software developer who is interested is working with Java on a cloud-based Agile development project? Our client is well known and highly respected in the Defense and Space community. We are in search of a dynamic Java / AWS developer and team leader to join our elite force in the DoD space. (You do not HAVE to have Java experience!)
If you have what it takes and are looking to make a difference, please apply!
You will be collaborating within a dynamic development and system engineering team, utilizing modern tools and working in an Agile environment. This team develops and integrates highly desired systems for the customer in an AWS cloud space.
This position requires software development experience with Java and knowledge of Agile methodologies. The prime candidate works well independently as well as with a team and is willing to learn and adapt to new and emerging software concepts while providing value to the team not only through development efforts, but in all related software development lifecycle tasks such as requirement analysis, design, integration & test, Configuration Management (CM), and Quality Assurance (QA).
- Demonstrable proficiency in Java programming in a Linux environment
- In-depth knowledge or experience in an Agile/Scrum Development
- Understanding of object-oriented design and software engineering principles and practices
- Possess strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing in a multi-threaded, multi-user environment
- Familiar with one or more of the following lifecycle management tools: Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues
- Source code repository tools (Git, TFS, Bit Bucket, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Build servers (Jenkins, etc.)
- Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, etc.)
- AWS Experience
- Experience with Automated software deployments and builds
- 5+ years related software development experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- ACTIVE TSSCI, with ability to obtain a CI Poly