Location: Coral Gables, FL
Job Type: Contract
MOI: F2F or WebEx if non-local
Duration: Long-Term (On-going)
Contact Info: Stuart Schwartz - SSchwartz@execu-search.com - 201-786-2425
- Looking for a mid to senior level Java Developer consultant with at least 2 years of AWS experience.
- Our client needs this person to help them transition to the cloud using best practices and leverage the necessary AWS services.
- The ideal candidate is a mid to senior level Java Developer with knowledge of fundamental OO concepts, and has great analytical skills and web development.
- He/she will be working closely with the Senior Team lead and other developers in achieving optimum productivity.
- Satisfactory interaction and communication with other IT business units (Middleware engineers, Release Management, Infrastructure, Database, etc.)
- Follows rules of the organization using the employee handbook, company tenets, and the SDLC to understand those rules.
- Must have high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Documents system design solutions and source code using standard requirement templates provided by the business analysts/release managers.
- Follows outlined software architecture and designs provided.
- Develops system solutions that meet both the quality standards and timelines as determined by the business.
- Tests software using proven testing frameworks, tools and techniques.
- Follows specified change management process and documentation.
- Participates in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- Ability to adapt and overcome problems; must be able to multitask and prioritize independently.
- Ability to take on new tasks and to adjust to an energetic, continually evolving environment.
- Assist in the transition of on-premise applications to the cloud by using best practices and designing, developing, testing and deploying software into AWS environments.
- Implement Microservices composed of a vast array of technologies in a Java/AWS ecosystem.
- Assist in full DevOps implementation of production ready code from inception through delivery and production readiness.
- Work with AWS cloud technologies and containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.