Java Developer (IT -- Managed Care)
Java development professionals -- are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 900,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 68 million consumers accessing our network products, and 40 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year.
We are currently seeking an experienced Java Developer to work in our Rockville, MD office. We offer competitive compensation and fantastic benefits, as well as a collegial workplace in a business-casual dress environment. You'll also find plenty of options for professional development and advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
As a Java Developer, you will be responsible for formulating and defining specifications for complex operating software programming applications, working as part of a team with influence across the larger organization.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Research, construct, develop, and test complex computer application software or systems
2. Analyze users' needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain complex computer applications software and systems
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components.
5. Perform Technical Review of requirements, Analyze source data and provide gap analysis.
6. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results
7. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues
8. Provide technical leadership to the team and act as mentor to junior team members.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Java Developer, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or 4 years of equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of Java Development experience
- Strong knowledge of Java and a wide range of Java/ JEE technologies such as JDBC, JPA, JMS, Spring/Spring Boot and others.
- Experience with Java application servers such as Tomcat, WebLogic
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
- Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
- Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute those decisions
- Strong knowledge of Spring Framework
- Details knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design patterns
- Very good understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications.
- Strong Experience with WebServices and SOA and related standards such as SOAP, REST, WSDL etc.
- Knowledge and experience with source control systems, SDLC processes, and tools used for development lifecycle processes like build, stage and deploy (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc)
- Knowledge and good experience with Relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge and experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL technologies
As a Java Developer with MultiPlan, you will be part of an organization with a proud 30-year legacy of experience and growth. We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Optional and dependent life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity. Recognition. Satisfaction. Grow your career with MultiPlan!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
IT & Technical