Role : Sr. Java Software Engineer (Remote)
Duration : Temp To Direct
The Java Developer role entails working as part of the software automation team in support of the core network and customer groups. The mission is to provide world class customer service and network support through innovative teamwork and advanced technology while maintaining respect for our customers and integrity of our employees. This is accomplished through network alarm surveillance, software loading and support, logical security administration, technical support and change management control. The candidate will use their proficient programming and analytical skills to improve the efficiency of the teams through automation.
• The primary responsibility of the Java Developer is to use the RESOLVE software system to automate and support Tier I and II functions and assist in the event management.
• The secondary responsibility is to create and support external scripts/tools that support the overall goal of improving efficiency.
• Many of the automation designs are delivered by external teams providing evaluation, research of the areas of need.
• The Engineer will be responsible for collaboration and feedback on the design elements to assure a successful deployment. The evolving vision of the role is to incorporate a DevOps mindset where the Engineer will be able to see a problem, design, implement and support the solution.
The Engineer III performs the following detailed functions:
• Research and analyze event handling processes to determine the best way to automate work.
• Create, Test, and Release run books within the RESOLVE system to automate handling of Events received in the IBM Tivoli Netcool application.
• Create and use external scripts/tools that support the overall goal of improving efficiency.
• Collaborate with internal teams to assure the best design and implementation of the projects
• Ensures completion of milestones with on-time completion of projects
• Produces As-built Documentation
• Team-oriented with desire to help other team members as necessary
• Solid communication skills (oral and written)
• Positive and constructive attitude
• Appreciates mentoring and guidance