Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a mid-level to senior Java Developer for one of the financial clients in Charlotte, North Carolina. This is a Senior Software Development Engineer role on the Online Banking development team. Team owns some of the most critical, high volume applications built on multi-tier J2EE architectures. The candidate must possess passion for producing high quality software, ready to jump in and solve complex problems, be able to mentor junior engineers, perform code reviews. Role also involves fair amount of innovation, which includes coming up with new ideas, prototype, and convince technology and business leadership for implementation.
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and deep technical expertise in all aspects of solution design and application development for specific business environments. Focus on setting technical direction on groups of applications and similar technologies as well as taking responsibility for technically robust solutions encompassing all business, architecture, and technology constraints. The candidate needs to possess strong technical skills; able to provide tech knowledge and capabilities to coach team members. This position does not have direct reports but will direct activities of a team for execution of projects. May be responsible for coordinating teams to accomplish development in a matrixed organization. Typically requires 3-5 years of experience.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Experience building web applications using J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring
- Experience building RESTful and consuming RESTful/SOAP web services
- Good interpersonal communication skills for tech and business conversations
- Good analytical skills to break down requirements, solve complex problems?Desired Skills
- Experience working on high volume applications
- Experience in server side frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience building restful web services
- Experience in latest front-end technologies like handlebars, foundation, and reactJS
- Experience in performance tuning with good understanding JVM internals
- Experience in modern JVM languages like Groovy
- Prior open source contributions
- Background in mathematics or statistics
- Proven task management and leadership skills
- Experience working in agile teams
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.