ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The problems we are trying to solve both interesting and challenging: how to build a coherent, reliable, highly available, performant, yet simple, easy to use and cheap to operate in-memory store with rich server-side APIs and capabilities. We are a relatively small team that manages a very large number VMs in Azure, so come ready to work at cloud scale while still maintaining great work-life balance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- At least 10 years of shipping software in a software engineering-related role
- Working knowledge of Object oriented languages like C#, Java, or C++.
- Requires a Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Math, related field or equivalent experience
- Excited to be working at the forefront of Microsoft's future
- Committed to making pragmatic decisions
- Valuing quality and simplicity
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Experience in building testable, distributed and highly scalable online services on Azure or similar cloud platform
- Git SCM
- Ability to drive technical decisions across teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and communicate effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Open Source Software development
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus
Locations in either Redmond, WA or Reston, VA.
Bachelor of Science in CS, or other technical discipline is preferred. Experience supporting Azure/AWS cloud environments and tools.