Java Developer Overview:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Java Developer with 7 - 10 years of experience for an opportunity with a client in Charlotte, NC. The Java Developer will develop, enhance, test, support, maintain and debug software applications that support business units or support functions. This Java Developer will function as a senior member of the technical team responsible for assisting senior business leaders and management. May provide strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Utilizes in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization. Leads or has responsibility for estimation of effort for software application for one or more programmers. Coordinates collaboration with external programming teams to deliver software on time and within budget. Provides feedback and technical guidance to project managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers.
This is a software development role. The Team builds next generation AI and Search platforms to enable virtual financial assistant and search capabilities across multiple channels. This position requires the candidate to be well versed with client side and server side technologies.. Candidates must possess passion for producing high quality software, solving complex problems, and working collaboratively across technology and business organizations to deliver solutions.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of hands on software development experience using Java / J2EE technologies
- Good interpersonal communication skills for technical and business conversations
- Good analytical skills to break down requirements and solve complex problems
- Proven task management and leadership skills
- Experience in server side frameworks like Spring MVC
- Experience building restful web services
- Experience working on high volume applications
- Experience in performance tuning with good understanding of JVM internals
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Cassandra
- Experience in modern JVM languages like groovy, scala
- Experience with open source search engines like SOLR, elasticsearch
- Experience working with NLP and Machine learning
- Prior open source contributions
- Background in mathematics or statistics
- Experience working in agile teams
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.