Application Developer (Java) Requirements: Responsibilities: What's in it for you? About Eight Eleven:
Columbus, OH (New Albany)
A top client of ours in the New Albany area is looking to hire a Java Developer on their search team to support one of their ongoing initiatives. The successful Java Developer will be an energetic, engaging individual who will help support engineering team as a whole. If this sounds like something, you're ready to take on please keep reading!
• Experience with server-side Java libraries and frameworks
• Experience practicing unit testing required
• Apache Solr or Lucene search engine knowledge is a plus
• Experience with Docker or WebSphere Commerce is a bonus
• Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles (Inheritance, Composition, Polymorphism and Encapsulation) and design patterns.
• Professional experience with: Java and J2EE
• Familiarity with Agile practices
• Utilize the software development lifecycle to implement technology solutions that create and enhance applications.
• Inspect, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional requirements into technical design, application code, and configuration parameters.
• Convert technical design and specifications into functioning components through the development of application code and configuration.
• Create and execute unit tests to ensure issues are proactively identified within the software development lifecycle.
• Analyze code to identify causes of errors and defects. Remediate known errors within development and production support contexts.
• Review application code for self and others. Define, support, and enforce code standards and guidelines relevant to the applications and technologies being supported.
• Continuously improve applications and processes with a focus on quality, efficiency, and user experience.
• Cultivate relationships across roles and organizations to maximize collaboration, partnership, and efficiency.
• Provide peer coaching and feedback formally and informally. Request and utilize feedback to foster personal development.
• Analyze, break down, and find creative solutions to difficult problems
• Opportunity to get your foot in the door of a Fortune 500 company
• Great work life balance
• Work on a beautiful campus with all amenities included (cafeteria, gym, etc)
• At Eight Eleven, our business is people. Relationships are at the center of what we do. A successful partnership is only as strong as the relationship built. We're your trusted partner for IT hiring, recruiting and staffing needs.
• For over 16 years, Eight Eleven has established and maintained relationships that are designed to meet your IT staffing needs. Whether it's contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement work, we customize our search based upon your company's unique initiatives, culture and technologies. With our national team of recruiters placed at 21 major hubs around the nation, Eight Eleven finds the people best-suited for your business. When you work with us, we work with you. That's the Eight Eleven promise.
• Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
What's in it for you?
About Eight Eleven:
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.