Job ID: 21-03685
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Senior Java Software Engineer:
As a part of the team, you will:
- Work with business representatives, Lead Developers, and the Director of Software Development to design, build and test new products and features
- Work independently or on small team projects
- Participate in requirement gathering and design sessions
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Troubleshoot and optimize code for usability, performance, and scalability
We seek individuals with strong fundamental programming experience, great communication skills, and a love for working on challenging problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Very strong and demonstrable analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Professional programming experience in an enterprise setting
- High volume transactional environment experience
- 4+ years software development experience as a Java developer
- A solid understanding of 'how things work' in the world of computers, the Internet, databases, and the Java programming language
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (conditionals, loops, data structures)
- Strong Relational database skills (SQL, JDBC - Oracle and PostgreSQL preferred)
- Exposure to modern front-end technologies - CSS, less, Bootstrap, AngularJS
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!