The National Solutions Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Junior to mid-level Software Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
The successful candidate will be a member of a high performing software Operations & Maintenance (O&M) team supporting a mission critical system for a DoD/IC customer in the Reston, VA area. The team is looking to train a new team member to become an expert in the all aspects of the system.
Position has two primary responsibilities: 1) provide Operations and Maintenance (O&M) support for mission critical application running in 24x7 operational environments, and 2) provide software development support to web based application. The candidate will be expected to provide support at customer site three days a week, or as needed. Onsite duties will include maintaining optimal operational status in C2S (AWS) and VM environments, fielding customer support requests, troubleshooting issues with production applications as they arise, formal testing support, and systems administration. In addition, the applicant will work as part of an integrated team with other company technical team members. The candidate will be expected maintain knowledge of assigned product(s), company functions, service policies and procedures and have good communication skills. Will work multiple tasks through the entire software life cycle: design, implementation, testing and deployment. Will work independently to perform software development tasks and ensures efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Clearance: Active DOD TS/SCI with polygraph
- Certification: CompTIA Security+
- One of the following education/experience combinations is required at a minimum:
- Master's degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus six (6) years of technical experience in software development.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus eight (8) years technical experience in software development
- Associate's degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) plus ten (10) years technical experience in software development
- High school diploma plus twelve (12) years technical experience in software development
- Good communication and problem solving skills
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: