Java Developer Overview:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Java Developer for an opportunity in Richmond, VA. The Java Developer will participate in the design, development and delivery of technology-enabled applications, products and services. The candidate will oversee the delivery of technical solutions and ensures that the delivered solution meets the business requirements, design requirements and technical specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning and execution: Participates in the conceptual design development, ensuring that the solution is viable and designed appropriately to solve the business case; provides support for the facilitation and review of estimates, development and deployment plans for all capabilities participating in the release.
- Project process support: Assists more senior developers with providing/coordinating estimates for the development components required for the solution and overseeing design efforts across capabilities/systems; provides support to project managers to ensure design/build activities remain within project schedule/budget; acts as a technical advisor to the project
manager, QA lead and/or business; facilitate escalation and resolution of technical issues during the development of the solutions; responsible for vendor work, delivery review and
- Communication: Responsible for assessing and communicating status of development activities based on summaries from Solution Engineers, Vendors and other solution participants.
- Designs, documents, codes, and conducts unit tests, and de-bugging of software solutions and components; applies enterprise standards, application patterns and development best practices in solutions development / delivery. Maintains technical solution diagrams and models
- Assess and recommend IT capability improvements for applications, including: Implementing, logging and monitoring at appropriate levels and driving upgrades to currently supported software.
- 2+ years experience required
- Java development, Rest Services, SOAP, Angular JS, Java Script, Selenium, HTML 5, Atlassian Suite, Zepher, Docker, extensive debugging and similar experience
- Agile and Scrum
- Four-year degree required: Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar discipline or equivalent work experience
Helpful to have:
- AWS, Automation Test Scripts
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.