BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Senior Java Developer for an opportunity in Minneapolis or Texas.
Title: Java Developer
Location: Remote - Minneapolis or Texas
Rate: TBD on W2
Duration: Long Term
Industry leading financial services firm is looking for a contract Java Developer. The Java Developer serves as a technical consultant to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Java Developer must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex applications development related tasks with little guidance from others. The Java Developer is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations.
What Will You Do?
• Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
• Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
• Develops elegant and simple solutions.
• Provides support during meetings as required; prepares and takes dictation, minutes, agendas, notices and manages mailings of meeting agendas and supporting materials.
• Produces code of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
• Effectively performs code walk-throughs. In conjunction with Quality Services.
• Proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
• Creates Unit tests to ensure accuracy. Track's record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
• Provides accurate and timely input regarding status of technical tasks.
• Ensures project goals make sense and overall development objectives are being met.
• Designs and develops high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule
What Experience Should You Have?
• More than 5 years' experience with Java, Apache, Tomcat, Spring MVC, Web Services, Unit Testing, etc.
• Experience with complex, enterprise web development
• Experience working on Business to Consumer Development.
• Experience working with scripting languages such as Perl, Python etc and having worked in Linux/Unix environments. Scripting with bash/sh is a must
• Designing and implementing a robust CI/CD environment using BitBucket and/or other leading DevOps pipelines.
• Ability to redefine the existing software architecture within the org by examining the existing systems and executing new practices.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 131007 when responding to this ad.