Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Java Developer for an opportunity with a client in Charlotte, NC. The candidate will develop, enhance, test, support, maintain and debug software applications that support business units or support functions. This Java Developer will be a senior member of the technical team responsible for assisting senior business leaders and management. May provide strategic technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of technological alternatives and business system requirements to recommend innovations that enhance and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Leads or has responsibility for estimation of effort for software application for one or more programmers.
- Coordinates collaboration with external programming teams to deliver software on time and within budget.
- Provides feedback and technical guidance to project managers on issues of critical importance to achieving business objectives.
- Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers
- Position is for a midrange developer with strong Java skills, Database skills, and a strong passion for application architecture with hands on development of a 'Real-Time' Settlement system on the Enterprise Payments platform.
- Following established written procedures, guidelines and techniques, the individual will develop, enhance, test, support, maintain, and debug software applications to support business units or support functions. The development work is based around an agile process with frequent, small releases driven off a prioritized backlog of work.
- Application development with Spring Framework IOC and AOP, Java, J2EE, Oracle, SQL, Web Services, Rest Services, XML, JSON
- Expertise in Oracle, PL/SQL, Java, Hibernate, Webservices (SOAP and REST ), Messaging, Spring, Spring batch and other Spring related technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. Good analytic skills, flexibility and the ability to adapt to emerging technologies and tools.
- Deliver reproducible builds with a design emphasis on reusability, maintainability and efficiency
- Ability to investigate and recommend best practices and process improvements
- Detail oriented and able to debug complex errors
- Ability to foster strong collaboration among team members and multitask effectively
- Agile Methodology
- Microservices Frameworks
- Rules engine
- Experience working in a regulated financial institution
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.