Java Developer Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a mid-level JAVA Developer with a minimum of 3 years development and support experience. Our client is looking for an individual to join their expanding development team to design, deliver and support JAVA applications providing maintenance activities including functional specifications and enhancements, modifications, updates and bug fixes as required. The ideal candidate should have strong programming experience and expertise in converting user requirements into cohesive design, applying design patterns to implementation while applying industry best practices into daily development. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must as the candidate will be required to communicate with users and both senior and junior developers.
- Participate in all phases of software development from inception to implementation and support.
- Develop and maintain applications by evaluating business needs and analyzing business requirements.
- Maintain and enforce Development standards that will ensure the integrity and quality of the systems
- Develop precise business logic through collaboration with other developers and users
- Participate in training and support of junior developers. Assist developers in interpreting and implementing standards and guidelines. Explain logical and technical situations and the reasoning to ensure that the most efficient approach is adopted.
- Develop new complex computer applications and enhance existing systems fulfilling project requests, in accordance with established standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing, coding, and testing all changes, drawing on user and technical resources to successfully complete all requests.
- Provide a positive example of professionalism and exceptional work ethics
- Support production processing to ensure system availability for the company - this will require on call rotation. Must be available to work on system problems until resolved, which at times may involve working after hours.
- Perform peer code reviews and audit. Analyze existing code and remediate performance issues within existing applications.
- Maintain cohesive working relationship with all areas of the company both technical and business.
- Identify, recommend, and/or develop code modifications or applications to support the business requirements.
- Delegate work on smaller sub-tasks of projects to other developers to efficiently utilize available resources.
- Object Oriented Design and Development experience
- 3+ years of J2EE design and development experience
- 3+ years of Enterprise web development experience
- 3+ years of Software Configuration Management and Continuous Integration
- Experience with Continuous Delivery is a plus.
- Experience with web services and system integration
- Experience with JavaServer Faces, Spring Framework, and Hibernate
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.