DISYS is currently recruiting for a Java Developer. This contract opportunity is with a manufacturing company in beautiful Portland, OR. Our client supports a work/life balance. Having partnered with this client for over 20 years, a high percentage of Disys consultants are approved for extensions. Additionally, we have an on-site Disys support team that is always available to directly assist both the consultants and the client. If you feel you have the required skills and experience, please apply.
If you are looking for your next challenge, we would welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
Responsibilities include guiding work throughout the entire IT life cycle, which includes working with IT architects to identify a technical solution, facilitating IT estimates and staffing needs, providing work oversight and customer status, documenting and facilitating testing, and implementing and the final solution.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Should have worked in agile development project.
- JAVA Spring Framework
- JQuery Basics
- Web Services/REST API
- Plug-In based development, Views &Editors.
- Strong Object-Oriented Analysis & Design Patterns.
- Experience in developing application with Microsoft, Oracle, and IBM databases.
- Experience in developing RESTful web services.
- You must possess strong analytical skills, be a very fast learner and be able to hit the ground running.
- Strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently, proactively and under pressure against multiple deadlines.
- Effective written and spoken communication skills are a must.
- Complimentary skills: C++ programming and JNI
- Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Review functional specifications; create detailed high-level design and low-level design specifications.
- Understand the product framework and should design and develop in accordance with product specification.
- Conduct Tech Feasibility study by developing a core framework and explore feasibility of various technologies & processes.
- Collaborate with other groups to achieve project goals (BSA, QA, and Infrastructure & Architecture Team).
- Develop code and unit cases and perform performance testing activities.
- Prepares necessary code documentation, change tickets and deployment documentation.
- Perform peer's code reviews.
- Ensure development activities are aligned with scope, schedule, priority and business objectives.
- Ensure all tasks and milestones associated with technical design, development and unit testing are completed according to project management guidelines