SkillStorm is seeking Java Developers for one of our clients in Charlotte, NC.
The Shared Platforms department has a need for a full stack software engineer with their primary focus being to build out end to end capabilities across the Shared Platforms remit. A qualified candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Proficient and knowledgeable in JAVA development
- Must have a very good understanding of object-oriented design principles and programming and be able to put this knowledge into practice.
- Knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot Spring MVC and Spring Batch Strong Core Java Skills
- Experience in building RESTful APIs (JAXRS/Swagger/YAML) technologies and development approaches such as HATEOAS.
- Experience in Web Services (JAXRPC or JAXWS) technologies and Development approaches.
- Basic Knowledge of JSON and XML Schema and Processing Technologies.
- Good Understanding of Core Java Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns ( like Adapters, Business Objects, Delegates, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, DTO)
- Familiarity with Hazelcast or alternate in memory data grid solutions.
- Working experience with Kafka or Mulesoft is advantageous
- At least 1 of the following: Websphere/Weblogic/Apache/Tomcat/JBOSS
- Basic knowledge of source code management Git, Bitbucket,and others
- Knowledge of build tools and processes like Maven, Ant and others
- Working knowledge of build automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using tools like Jenkins, Ansible Tower and others
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Shell Scripting
- Strong database background on one or more of these databases: Sql Server,DB2, Teradata, Cassandra, Oracle etc.
- Experience in using RDBMS/SQL Familiarity and Exposure to Oracle and Sql Server.
- Familiar with modern JS web development such as Typescript, Angular or React
- Familiar with HTML 5, CSS, Bootstrap, jquery
- Quick learner and self-starter who requires minimal supervision to excel in a dynamic environment
- Ability to acquire business domain knowledge quickly and effectively to take a role of subject matter expert for multiple applications
- Deep understanding of the software development and support process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit a strong sense of teamwork and inclusiveness.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, innovative, capable of, providing technical solutions.
- Adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment