Java Software Architect - Microservices
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in our Naperville, IL office.
As a Java Software Architect-Microservices, you will be responsible for collaborating with other architects and technical leads to develop the technical direction for systems across the enterprise as well as responsible for the technical evolution of MultiPlan’s systems as the company continues to develop new technologies.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Communicate technical direction and vision to all levels of management and technical staff.
2. Perform analyses of requirements to design, document, and communicate technical implementations of those requirements. This design includes the physical environment as well as the software and data architecture as well as may involve modification of existing systems and/or the creation of new systems.
3. Collaborate with the technical leads responsible for establishing software development standards that support the technical vision.
4. Communicate extensively with customers and members of project teams regarding status, options, and issues related to the technical aspects of systems under development.
5. Provide architecture and technical leadership to the development team.
6. Serve as technical leader and resource by providing direction and assistance to technical leads and developers for data design, technical design, and development as needed.
7. Evaluate and recommend enhancements to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
8. Support a variety of other duties including maintenance; troubleshooting; technical design, coding and testing.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
12. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
13. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As a Java Software Architect-Microservices, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, and prioritization skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, or 4 years equivalent experience
• Minimum 12 years’ experience in Java and Web services development, including experience with:
o Micro-services, Kubernates, Rancher container, Kafka and API Gateway
o Service Oriented Architecture
• Experience with JAVA/JEE standards and work experience is must
• Large enterprise application implementation experience is must
• Experience with REST and SOAP web service patterns is must
• Detailed knowledge of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
• Experience with Advanced Java concepts
• Very good experience in building and deploying different middleware applications, namely Oracle SOA composites, OSB projects, WebLogic WAR files and enterprise application archives (EAR) on clustered and non-clustered Oracle SOA, OSB and WebLogic environments.
• Very good understanding of middleware security concepts and experience in configuration of LDAP and other providers in WebLogic
• Understanding of multi-tier distributed software architectures, concurrent programming concepts, and multi-threaded applications
• Ability to mentor less experienced team members
• Extensive knowledge of business requirements gathering, architecting, designing and developing complex Oracle based web applications and re-engineering products.
• Knowledge of process stabilization, performance analysis, code optimization and testing of web application and data-engineering products.
• Planning, organizing, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Very good understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Oracle Service Bus (OSB) concepts.
- Rules Engine implementation (ILOG)
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
Health Care, Other