Our client in Denver, CO is in need of 2 Java Software Engineers for 6 month contracts. The Java Engineers will be supporting a project involving the development of an interface between a point of sale (POS) and Oracle Databases as well as building the interface for large data transmissions and API’s. This could include interfacing with multiple items and from a trade compliance aspect. The Engineer will be designing, developing and maintaining complex, shared Enterprise Java services including security, logging, common APIs and enforcing coding standards. They will need to design, develop, enhance and maintain Spring components such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Data and Spring Security. In addition, the engineer will be responsible for optimizing industry standard continuous integration pipeline using tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory and Git for build automation and Enhance the existing CI/CD pipeline for containers and cloud-native deployments. They will need to apply industry best practices, patterns and techniques to object-oriented software analysis and design and possess effective software and data troubleshooting skills.
- 3+ years Java development experience.
- Strong Java / J2EE experience and a sound understanding of Java container internals
- Working knowledge of microservices architecture
- Must be able to design, develop, enhance and maintain Spring, JPA / Hibernate, service discovery and REST.
- Experience working with Oracle DB
- Must have prior API experience.
- Experience with Linux operating environment and command line
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related major.
Preferred or Nice to Have Skills: