Our client is seeking a Java Software Engineer for an exciting direct hire opportunity. Are you a Software Engineer obsessed with designing elegant high performing services? Are you accomplished at integrating services with Cloud Native solutions? If so, you might be a good candidate for this job. Server-Side software engineering requires a deft touch, part art, part black magic and such a code wizard is a master of many things. Bring your Open Source and Agile skills and join a growing team with a new product.
- Collaborate in the planning, design and release schedule for a uCaaS provisioning system.
- Develop and maintain a highly available uCaaS cloud hosted provisioning system.
- Present software design issues, questions, and suggestions to the core Engineering team and management.
- Work within the company's software development lifecycle process.
- Develop and automate the deployment of the uCaaS provisioning system development environment.
- Work with Customer Support to help troubleshoot technical customer problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely-related field,
- 3+ years working with Java in a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- 6+ years of experience in a software engineering position
- Nice to have C# .NET
- In depth experience with web services and REST
- Maintaining backward compatibility among components during incremental system upgrades.
- Developing high-quality code and accepting input based on Peer Reviews, style guides, and static analysis.
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Artifactory into cloud-based Linux environments.
- Experience with code management best practices via branches, commits and peer reviews.
- Knowledge of BPMN processes or designing/modeling process and data flows in similar notations.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, GCE, or Azure.
- Experience with containerization, orchestration, and schedulers required. Docker and/or Helm experience is a bonus.
- Extra bonus points: Knowledge of testing frameworks, Kubernetes, container host monitoring, centralized logging, static code analysis