Java Solution Architect (2-4 Openings)
Northbrook, IL 60062 (onsite everyday)
6 month contract with option to hire or extend
Our client is a global manufacturing firm that is looking to add multiple Solution Architects to a couple different teams. The role of the Architect is to work with the business, functional and technical teams to define, document, implement, support and educate on solutions to meet business objectives. He/she will work with those teams to ensure that the overall composition of the solution meets the goals of the specific team and its business sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have Java Development experience but is no longer hands on. This person will shepherd business users through processes to upgrade their business applications. The ideal candidate will be able to lead end to end solutions with a globally dispersed team in an Agile environment.
- Identifies the flexibility, speed of implementation, quality, scalability, supportability and cost of ownership of the solutions being implemented.
- Becomes familiar with our client’s entire solution landscape to help leverage and extend that landscape to meet business and technical objectives.
- Keeps current on technology trends both in the industry as a whole and with the applications deployed in the Medline landscape, including researching and implementing new and/or alternate technologies that will further business goals and provide competitive advantages.
- Helps to define standard methods and processes for system integration, ensuring adoption and use of those standards.
- Creates detailed architectural specifications to document the architecture decisions; communicates the architectural specifications to designers, developers, contractors and business sponsors in a directly actionable, clear and unambiguous manner.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architect Team to review solution design, any new implementation or introduction of new technology to ensure compliance with our client’s standards.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the project life-cycle.
- Recommends necessary changes in the existing e-commerce application to ensure efficient functioning, revenue generation, and cost savings.
- Assists in preparing the long term e-commerce strategic plans and implements them in the e-commerce architecture.
- Assists in estimating the size and scope of projects on the e-commerce roadmap.
- Identifies technical risks upfront and bring it to the attention of management.